The culmination of the trip will be marked by "crossing our wake" at the end of the Grand Haven Pier and replacing the current America's Great Loop Cruising Association burgee, which has a white background, with one that has a gold background. The gold background signifies to other boaters that we have completed the loop.
|The Gold AGLCA Burgee!|
Summary Data: As of tomorrow in Spring Lake, we will have...
- Spent 305 days living aboard Great Laker
- Cruised 6,850 miles (the basic loop of 5,250 miles, plus 1600 miles on side trips)
- Taken over 11,000 pictures, saving about 9,000 of the best
- Visited 17 states, 2 countries and 2 provinces
- Traversed through 147 locks
- Stayed one or more nights in 179 places
- Dined out 152 times
- Trekked to the laundromat 28 times
- Toured 72 museums, battlefields or forts
- Visited 20 family members and 34 friends along the way
- Taken a break to travel home and back 4 times
- Accumulated 914 hours on the boat diesel engine
- Averaged 7.5 mph (when including all engine-on hours)
- Consumed 2191 gallons of fuel, averaging 2.4 gallons per hour
We took a break to eat lunch at our favorite place called the Cottage Garden Cafe on Third Street. Tomorrow looks like low winds and sun, and we plan to depart at first light.