December 7, 2012

Day 84 - December 6, 2012: A day of rest

Every day can't be an adventure

Anne left for the day with Bonnie to "do some shopping." When women get close to a mall, there is a magnetic attraction that results in an irresistible urge to shop, whether anything is specifically needed or not. (:-) So, I got the day off.

I had lots of energy to find something different to do, like scuba dive or wind surf or sport fish. Maybe even ski dive? But, in the end, my list of things to do kept staring me in the face, asking for attention.

1. Look into a cruising permit
2. Get a haircut
3. Hang the new roll down shade in the pilot house
4. Fasten down the carpet
5. Write the Christmas letter
6. Order a towel rod
7. Order more boat cards

I even ate leftovers for lunch, with great pleasure, because they were from Mr. Souvlaki and so delicious. Then, I finished off the day with a nap and woke in time to greet Anne at the door.

A day of rest is good for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment