February 5, 2013

Day 126 - February 4, 2013: Swimming suits at last!

Before departing our most southerly marina tomorrow, we caught up on all the chores that keep populating our lists. I got to add some wax to areas on the boat that get a lot of spray and sun, and Anne spent time reorganizing some of the storage. By early afternoon we felt we had been productive enough for the day.

It has been 126 days, and neither of our bathing suits have been wet. Despite the visions I had of swimming frequently all along the trip, between the muddy rivers and the cool weather, it just didn't seem desirable. Today is gorgeous, so we went eagerly off to the pool. It turns out, even here in the near tropics, the Coral Lagoon Marina pool was heated. Always surprises...

Coral Lagoon Resort and Marina
Later, I discovered another surprise - a flat tire on my bike, apparently caused by a thorn off a bougainvillea. As the sun set, I quickly made the repair using a spare tube I had aboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment