January 7, 2013

Day 97 - January 6, 2013: Starbucks, Football and a Movie

This morning, after Elizabeth went running, I spent time with her at Starbucks while she wrote and submitted an application for a summer internship. As she explained it, Starbucks has just the right amount of background noise to concentrate. She says the library is too quiet and any noise draws your attention, and the dorm or sorority house is too loud with comings and goings. While there, I read threads on the Trawler Forum and I think she is right.

The ladies spent some time sunning on the upper deck today. It was the kind of day I expected every day in Florida. I watched the Colts/Ravins playoff game, maybe the first pro football game I have seen this season. There is just so much to do and see on this trip that TV and sports (other than UofM) becomes of little interest.

Later we went to Parental Guidance with Billy Crystal and Bette Midler. It is a cute and funny movie about the differences between the grandparents vs their children's approach to raising kids. Of course, the ending was emotional and made the women cry.

I'm getting anxious to get back to cruising...


No comments:

Post a Comment